Mountain Park Ranch HOA (MPRHOA) and City of Phoenix Property Locations and Maintenance Responsibility around our Community
Due to numerous telephone calls, emails, and anonymous complaints to the HOA Office regarding unmaintained landscaping, including drainage washes around MPRHOA; the HOA has now installed signage (see picture of new signage with contact number) in several locations to clarify the maintenance responsibility and more precisely specify areas that are not MPRHOA property.
The complaints we normally receive are from areas owned and maintained by the City of Phoenix. MPRHOA landscaping crews and/or maintenance personnel are not authorized to engage in any type of maintenance in these areas.
The City of Phoenix owned and maintenance responsibility areas include everything below in Yellow:
- The drainage wash and walkways from Ray Road to Desert Vista Park. MPRHOA only maintains the green belt areas around (and including) the ponds and fountains in these areas.
- The drainage wash and walkways from Knox Road to Ray Road, which ru ns behind homes and between Keystone and The Townes sub-associations.
- The drainage wash from Ray Road to Ranch Circle South, starting after the cement footbridge adjacent to Sun Ray Park, is all City of Phoenix property. MPRHOA only maintains the greenbelt areas on the North and South side of Ray Road near and adjacent to Sun Ray Park. MPRHOA also maintains the greenbelt, drainage wash and walkway north of Ray Road behind the sub associations; Terraces, Landings and Diamond Ridge I, which run from Ray Road north to Ranch Circle North.
- The drainage wash that starts near S. 41 st Street and Ranch Circle South and runs alongs ide Ranch Circle South, then proceeds across Mountain Parkway running behind the Animal Hospital and State Farm Buildings all the way down to 36th Street, is City of Phoenix property. MPRHOA only maintains the green areas around (and including) the ponds and fountains and a small area near 36th Street.
- All the street medians on Chandler Blvd., Ray Road, Mountain Parkway, and 32nd Street are City of Phoenix owned and maintained, and are not MPRHOA property.
The HOA routinely contacts the City about the maintenance concerns in these subject areas and we also ask our Members to do the same. The City contact number is 602-262-6441.